tube shock replacement in an mgb

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: tube shock replacement in an mgb
From: "teds" <teds@accessone.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 13:17:59 -0700
hi,

I bought my mgb with a tube shock replacement, I found 2 Monroe's in the
back.

I just went to attempt to bolt in some sensimatics, and I found the
following;

can someone verify that this is a good idea ?

there is a plate at the top shock mount, on the body, that has 2 bolts
bolted in from the body and 2 3/4 nuts welded onto this plate. the top shock
mount is screwed into one ? or the other welded nut.

while this apparently is working, I have a concern about the strength of
this welded nut. since the bolt can only go into the nut the distance sort
of partially, until the bolt bottoms out on the plate, the bolt has to be a
magic length, no more no less. I see a magic combination of washers used for
this. this sounds hokey.

does this sound like the moss conversion kit ? seems flimsy to me.

thanks, Ted Stowe