Carb flooding

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb flooding
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 19:40:47 +0000
Getting closer to the problem now.
Took float bowls apart to check measurements on float level. Noticed
front carb had more gas in it than the back one. Made a mental note.
Put things back together and took for ride to see if I was still losing
power and stumbling at 3500.
Couldn't find a suitable stretch of road to sustain that speed so pulled
off road and held throttle to 3500.
Didn't take long. Sure enough problem still there. Car stumbled and lost
power. Shut down and released hood to check on which carb was the
culprit. Only saw pool of gas under car between both overflow pipes!
Started car and from engine compartment held throttle, revving engine.
Again, short time later, gas pouring out of front overflow pipe, car
losses power, then comes to life again.
So, what do I look for? BTW, these have grose jets in float bowls, so
don't tell me they are not floodable!

Help,
Dave Houser