Re: Rear suspension

To: Tim Nagy <nagy@duq.edu>
Subject: Re: Rear suspension
From: Robert Alan Reisse <rareisse@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 14:39:32 -0400
The problem is that the bolt welds to the metal sleeve of the bushing, so
one is left with the problem of trying to push a large metal rod though a
small hole.  The only solution is to cut something apart so that the bolt
can be gotten out from between the brackets.  My solution was to grind off
the head and then with a great deal of force pull the remainder of the bold
away from the outside of the bracket and then swival out the bolt.  The
sawsall sounds simpler.

Good Luck,

Bob Reisse
76 MGB
NAMGBR 8-3559
69 MGC-GT
AMGCR 1325

At 11:08 AM 8/30/99 -0400, Tim Nagy wrote:
>Just did this a couple weeks ago.  The front bolt just didn't come out!
>
>A hacksaw looked awkward, so I get a couple new blades for my Sawz-all,
>reciprocating saw, and took it to them with a vengence, no swearing,
>blood, just a little sweat.  Done in under 30 minutes.
>
>Tim
>
>72 B-all over the house!
>
>jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no wrote:
>>
>> Since the rear end of my '70 B-GT was low, I have ordered and received new
>> springs, shackle plate rubber bushes, and koni dampers, and
>> nuts/bolts/washers. Also hoped that the wiggling of her tail would be
>> redused. I have managed to replace the rear shackle plate/bushes. Hacksaw,
>> force, blood sweat and tears. 30 year old rubber at the rear end, I think.
>> Experts say that rubber and metal, cannot form one united third unknown new
>> material ( sorry, poor language, my norwegian is better) This is not
true. I
>> have also been able to loosen the bolts that hold the axle and spring
>> together.
>>
>> But I have two problems. Since I rent the garage from the local priest,
I am
>> NOT able to use a very  helpfull tool: language. Loud swearing is not
>> possible, crying is, but since I am a man....
>> This leads to my problem. Front bolt. Nut removed, bolt not removed. I am
>> able to move the bolt some, but this is only the softnes of  the rubber.
Any