RE: Distributor advance curves

To: "MG Mail List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Subject: RE: Distributor advance curves
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 08:55:05 -0700
Tim:

        I did not catch this on the first round.  I'm wondering why you were
sold a 41391 dist. in the first place.  Lucas does supply the 41427 dist.
which is designed specifically for the 63-70 HS4 equipped MGB!  They are
stocked under Moss #143-110

                Dist.   Vac. Adv.       Vac. Rating
Manifold        Cent. Adv.
Replacement     41427   54424170        5.13.10                         PORT
10 deg

        I don't recognise the 41391, it is not listed in the old Lucas Blue
Book, so I have no idea what specs on it are.  The 41427 should work fine
for your application, the modifications you have made don't seem enough to
warrant advancing the curve.

Kelvin.