Rattle in Reverse

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rattle in Reverse
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 05:01:27 +0000
For those one or two enquiring minds who wanted to know....

The rattle I had in reverse (most noticable on overrun after a fast
reverse) was as suspected... I believe I now have one or two teeth
floating around at the bottom of my gearbox.

Hey, who reverses that often anyway - as long as I drop the oil to get
the tooth/teeth out of there so they don't find themselves somewhere
they shouldn't be).

Some are trying to suggest that I tried to grab reverse instead of
second in the heat of a racing moment... but I can't remember doing so
(then again, there were some 'hairy' moments out there that I can't
actually remember much of at all:-)

As I just had this box re-built a little while ago, and as there appears
to be nothing adverse happening in  my forward gears, I think I will
leave it as is until next I need to drop the gearbox for some other
reason.  This advice was backed up by Dr. Bob but does anyone else have
any thoughts on this?

Eric
'68MGB MkII