Re: Turn Signal Question

To: "Tony Woodruff" <tonyw@mailmedia.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Turn Signal Question
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 19:06:46 +0100
Hmmm.  Sounds like you have one of the better after-market flashers if it
went at double speed and flashed the rears only.  The crap ones flash at
normal speed no matter how many lamps are out i.e. you don't know you have a
lamp out and that artic/semi bearing down on you doesn't know you are about
to make a turn.

You can overheat the coil by leaving the ignition on for ages - easily dealt
with by removing one of its spades.

If you had the parking and license plate lamps flashing as well then that
normally means the rear light cluster ground is bad.

Odd that the rears were working but the dash were not as well as the fronts,
as the wire run has to pass the dash take-off (the mutli-way connector on
the column) before it gets to where the front and rear split.  Was this both
sides?

Any road up, if neither side is working at all, then you now have something
more fundamental wrong.  Either the green circuit has no power (instruments,
wipers, heater fan also out), or the hazard switch is bad (when the hazard
switch is off it connects the green circuit to the turn flasher), or the
light-green/brown from the turn flasher to the turn switch is disconnected.

Remember, you may have more than one fault.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )
(http://194.168.54.52/paul.hunt1)