Heater Control Cable and Current

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater Control Cable and Current
From: FlynShoot@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 12:09:56 EDT
I recently had the engine replaced in my MGB. When I got it back the heater
control would not turn to the off position. I knew it was just a matter of
adjustment so I took it back when the mechanic (not a pro, but a real Brit
Car fan) asked me to bring it over so that he could take a quick look at
everything to make sure things were working well.

When he went to adjust the heater control cable on the valve at the block, he
said that it was hot. The car had cooled and the ignition was off. He said
that this was not right and that I probably had a wire from the radio
touching the cable in the dash somewhere. He disconnected the cable from the
valve to prevent current flow and told me to take a look at it when I had
time as it was not critical.

I have looked and can find nothing touching this cable. Additionally, I can
find no grounding cables on the car.

Are these problems related and has anyone else had anything similar?

Thanx.

DC Smith
Flynshoot@aol.com