RE: Welding cast iron and carb question

To: "Eugene Harrison" <eugh@2xtreme.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Welding cast iron and carb question
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 20:01:28 -0600
Welding cast iron is very difficult, and the crack you have is a common one.
Generally cast iron welding involves raising the temperature of the whole
item, welding it and then cooling it very slowly.  If this is not done then
the welding process will screw up the iron molecules {that is a very precise
and technical term} and it will crack again (next to the old crack).

I'm sure there is someone on this list that can describe this situation much
better than I ... let's wait and see.

Larry Hoy