RE: Wiper Wisdom?

To: "Douglas B. Gaither" <dbgaither@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Wiper Wisdom?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:33:35 -0700
Douglas:

        I second Larry's motion.  Chances are the grease is rock solid.  The
mechanism is very simple and probably just needs to be cleaned.

        After commuting for some time in a 65 MGB I would suggest investing
in RainX if you are facing any heavy rain.  Getting adequate tension on the
wiper arms to clear the screen effectively is a lost art.

        The two speed conversion is interesting, but not really necessary.
The high speed position is only used to fling the wiper blades at passing
SUVs

Kelvin.

ps.  Note that power to the wiper motor is on with the ignition.  The dash
operating switch grounds the other lead.  If you are bench testing the unit
make sure your connections are correct, otherwise you will have a direct
short when the park switch is triggered.  I'm guessing this may be your
problem.