Re: Greetings

To: "James H. Nazarian" <microdoc@apk.net>
Subject: Re: Greetings
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:02:21 -0400
I am impressed. I came into this hobby(?) later in life (>50) and find it
becoming an obsession. If only I had a bit of what you forgot.

And yes, having a 1-car garage makes one sortof (sorry grammertechnicians)
envious of those with space.

Bill

At 09:48 AM 10/14/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Greetings to "The List",
>
>I respond to the nicknames Jim, or microdoc.
>I'll be flattered if you confuse me with my better looking and smarter
>son James.
>I have been MGing since 1984 when I bought my 1960 MGA Roadster. Still
>got 'er.
>I became obsessed with them, especially saving them from the scrap heap;
>some spare warehouse space grew into a collection of A's and B's that
>climbed to 15. I've been good lately, haven't bought any in a while.
>
>I pared the collection down by transferring titles to my sons. That
>satisfies my vow to resist selling any. Funny how the mind works. My
>greatest MG accomplishment is the interest my sons now have in them.
>James has a '71 MGB Roadster, and a 1974 MGB-GT in which he is growing
>an aluminum V-8. Justin lays claim to a '72 B and a '77 B, and Jerrod
>has a pair of ground up restored MGA's, one is a finished 1961, the
>other a 1958 that needs lots of work. parts and the title that the ex
>lost before transferring it to us.
>
>I now have my red 1960 MGA Roadster, and a 1974 MGB-GT. More than enough
>for me to keep. Guess I may have forgotten more about the tech aspect
>than I ever thought I'd know. I like to share it, and find it does come
>back.
>
>Jim
>
>PS: I hate Suburbans.

Dr. Bill Saidel
Assoc. Prof.                      Vocal phone   (609) 225-6336
Department of Biology             FAX  (609) 225-6312
Science Building                  email:  saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
315 Penn St.
Camden, NJ 08102 -1411
http://crab.rutgers.edu/~saidel/saidel.html

The trouble with being hypothesis driven is that you never get to make a
discovery.
Mike Land (vision scientist) - 1999