Re: Cooling System Preventative, Decent heat, etc.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling System Preventative, Decent heat, etc.
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:19:02 +1000
James & all,

> > When the coolant gets hot and expands, instead of spitting the excess
> > down on the pavement for a dog to lick up, the excess will be caught in

You also need to use a "recovery" radiator cap. These caps (at least in
Australia) are very difficult to come by in the long neck 7/50 format. I had
to have the neck removed from my radiator and fitted with a short neck type.
I now use a 7/50 short type cap which is far easier to come by.

Cheers,
Neil.