Re: Cooling System Preventative, Decent heat, etc.

To: Steve Walker <swalker@gte.com>, mgs List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling System Preventative, Decent heat, etc.
From: "James H. Nazarian" <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:51:04 -0400
Hi Steve,

You may have a big air bubble trapped in the coolant system.
Start with a cool engine.
Fill the radiator with coolant.
Leave the cap off.
Loosen the hose connected to the highest point on the engine.
Run the engine to good and warm.
Pull the loose hose back from it's fitting to let the air out.
Add more coolant to the radiator.
When no more bubbles, close it all up.

If the bubbles persist, and/or there is oil in the radiator, check for a bad
head
gasket or cracked head.

Jim