RE: Should I rebuild?

To: Tony Woodruff <tonyw@mailmedia.com>
Subject: RE: Should I rebuild?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:32:43 -0700
Tony:
        Inspect the jet tube hoses that go from carb to float bowl.  If
these are iffy, then buy a rebuild kit.  If they look ok, what the hey.

        Pull the pistons out by removing the three screws on the milk bottle
tops.  Carefully!!!  Clean the oily goo and residue off the piston skirt and
the top cover bore.

        Take out the 3 screws holding the float bowl covers down.  Pull the
inlet valves out of the covers, clean and inspect.  Mop the crud out of the
bottom of the bowl.

        Lube the adjusting screws on the carb linkage arms.  Put a drop of
oil on the throttle shafts from the inside to flush out any dust.

        Dismantle and clean the cross linkages, to make life easier when you
are ready to set the carbs.

        Bolt on and they will work.  The only thing that tends to wear on
these carbs are the throttle shafts.  If they wobble around you will never
be able to get the car to idle correctly, but it will still run.

Kelvin.