RE: Club Apathy (relatively long) -

To: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Subject: RE: Club Apathy (relatively long) -
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:44:37 -0700
Tab:

        That is why my taste in dogs matches my taste in cars.  My dog is a
Spotted tongued, hook tailed, short haired Tibetan Yak hound.  They are very
rare, as the short haired ones tended to freeze to death in the cold
temperatures.  The hook tail is used to slow their descent down snowy slopes
as they herd the mountain yaks.  By this point the dog fancier is nodding
sagely.  If they are still fooled, we go on about the facial markings being
bred in by the Mongols to make the dog's eyes are open when it is sleeping.

        I had lots of fun appearing at car shows with my "cow sat upon" 65
MGB.  I'm contemplating putting my MGA on the road without restoring the
body shell, just to replace it.  Kind of an "as found" exhibit.  I have a
thing about beaters, they just seem to have so much more soul than the
overly restored show queen.  There is a lovely MGA locally that is totally
unrestored and used by a lady as a daily driver.  It is wonderful seeing it
on the freeway with the fenders flapping and the wheels wobbling.  The lady
obviously loves the car.  Which would I prefer to see at a car show?  The
two of them.  Or a car that looks like it just rolled out of a restoration
shop, owned by someone that thinks four wheel drift is something that their
SUV may sometime have to drive over.

        I'm spoilt.  I just had the loan of two Morgans.  One was called
"Ratty", the other "Rat-Boy".  Both were characters.

Rambling as always.

Kelvin.