Rough Idle

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rough Idle
From: "DENNIS COX" <djc@appsig.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:50:28 -0700
Trying to tune out my rough idle last night I encountered and odd
symptom.  When I remove the oil cap the engines idle smoothes out a bit
and actually increases in rpm's.  It's a 67 with that large diaphragm
style PCV valve.  I have an alloy valve cover with a vented cap.  Any
ideas?  I was toying with the idea of replacing the intake manifold with
the Maniflow intake.  It doesn't have any provisions for a PCV..  Has
anyone here set up one of these manifolds?  Any comments or "gotchyas"
to watch out for?