Re: Roller Throwout Bearing

To: MG Listserver <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roller Throwout Bearing
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:33:46 -0700
Peter C. wrote:
"A few quick thoughts. Roller bearing or carbon.... don't "ride" the
clutch. The only time that a clutch can become worn is when your foot is on
the pedal. If you don't touch the pedal, the clutch wont wear."

This seems to disagree with what I understood about the design of the
MGB Borg & Beck clutch assembly.  See Doug Jackson's write-up on
clutch bearings @ www site:
http://www.mgbmga.com/tech/index.html

While I realize Doug has some commercial interest in his development
of a fix for the problem he finds with roller bearings, he does
exhaustive research and shares his experimentation and research
freely...(No commercial interest disclaimer...)
Chris Attias
'64 MGB
'84 Alfa Romeo GTV-6