Re: Wire wheels

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: Re: Wire wheels
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 14:30:34 -0400
> My girlfriend has interesting views.  She likes the look of black
> painted wire wheels.  From pictures it looks as if the factory cars
> sometimes ran on black wires.  She is trying to convince me to black
> powdercoat my knock off Minilite reps.  She has her heart set on a BRG MGA
> with black Minilites, just the knockoff chromed.  I wanted to paint my MGA
> it's original Tyrolite Green, but despite best efforts I think I am losing
> the battle.
>
> Kelvin.

We have a customer who owns a BRG MGB and he painted his wirewheels using
Moss MG engine red.  He came in over the summer to have his wheels and tyres
balanced and I considered painting them silver while he waited.

Superlite wheels manufactures wheels that look like minilite replicas (and
IMHO are superior in quality) and they come in a variety of colours.  If
anyone wishes to view them I have a link to superlite,
http://st143011.ithaca.edu/links/pages and just do a search on "wheels."

Cheers,

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu
'74 Triumph TR6 -- '66 MGB, both @home

http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg/mgb/
'66 MGB Forsale (Resto/Parts); Phila. PA