RE: Wire wheels

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: RE: Wire wheels
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:27:54 -0700
Charlie:

        I agree with you.  On the 13 and 14" wheels I prefer the look of
grey paint.  I think the cars look a tad "overtarted" with chromes.  That is
definitely a VHO.

        I'm a little non-plused as the only chrome wheels I have are a set
of Stag wires that I ran on my Vintage race MGB.  They looked totally wrong.
But were the only 5 1/2" wide wheels I could afford (used).

        Then again I think my Jag 3.8S looks stunning with chrome wires.
Something about the slab sides and stainless brightwork around the doors.

        My girlfriend has interesting views.  She likes the look of black
painted wire wheels.  From pictures it looks as if the factory cars
sometimes ran on black wires.  She is trying to convince me to black
powdercoat my knock off Minilite reps.  She has her heart set on a BRG MGA
with black Minilites, just the knockoff chromed.  I wanted to paint my MGA
it's original Tyrolite Green, but despite best efforts I think I am losing
the battle.

Kelvin.