Toneau Cover Help Needed

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Toneau Cover Help Needed
From: bamadio@statestreet.com
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:01:00 -0400
     I have a 10 year old (+/-) vinyl/cloth backed toneau cover which has
     never been installed that I am trying to fit to my '58 MGA.  I have
     tried to stretch it in order to install the lift-the-dot fasteners but
     have been unable to stretch it enough to fit.  Last weekend I placed
     it in the sun for a couple of hours but the October sun in New England
     just isn't hot enough to make it stretch enough.  Has anyone on the
     list encountered this problem and how did you solve it?  I am very
     reluctant to use an open flame any where near the cover or the car.
     All ideas welcome.

     TIA
     Bruce Madio

     '50 MG TD