RE: Toneau Cover Help Needed

To: bamadio@statestreet.com
Subject: RE: Toneau Cover Help Needed
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:19:25 -0700
Bruce:

        Make sure you have the right Tonneau.  There are two lengths.  One
is 1 1/2" longer than the other.  The short one mounts onto lift a dot
fasteners that screw into the wooden rear rail.  The long one mounts onto
lift a dot fasteners that bolt onto the metal rear cowl 3/4 inch from the
forward edge.
        Many people get confused thinking that the long tonnea goes all the
way back to the line of top (hood) studs.  There was never an original
tonnea that would do that.  It would flap against the painted cowl surface.

        If you have the right one, then the elastic idea sounds good to me.
Get the rear to fit, then extend the front.

Kelvin.