Re: Great list facilities [now duplicate mail]

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Great list facilities [now duplicate mail]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:41:36 -0700
I only get duplicate postings when the writer replies to "All" (including
me as original poster) rather than just to the list (as can be seen in
the message header), which is what you would expect. I know someone
posted recently that they had found that they had inadvertently set up
their mail client so as to save list mail into two different folders,
thus generating their own duplicates. Has Paul checked to see if he's
accidentally done something like this? Or perhaps his subscription to the
list has been duplicated somehow. You could unsubscribe and see if that
eliminates one set of messages.

Just a suggestion, since it doesn't seem to be a list-wide problem.

Tim Nagy had this to say:

>I guess I'm missing something...I'm not getting the duplicate
>postings...
>
>wizardz wrote:
>>
>> I'm not knocking Brad's work on the autox.team.net server
>> but this duplicate mail thing is getting out of hand

[Who's Brad?  The dupes have only been appearing on four lists so far,
 not all seventy-whatever, thank goodness!  mjb.]