Twinkie??!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Twinkie??!!
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 12:39:02 EDT
<Bill,  Ya got a spare twinkie head I can play with?  2.0Liter bottom
end, twin cam head, twin DCOE throttle body, Sebring supercharger.  Computer
engine management.>

Hostess makes twinkies, Abingdon made TWINCAMS! There now, having got that
off my chest......
Looked in the garage, no spare Twincam heads presented themselves.
The FI route is interesting, but not one I have followed up due to vintage
racing rules - they are strangely unsympathetic to such innovations, although
you could get constant flow injection in the 60s - Tecalemit made one such,
that did well on Dangerfield's special bodied Triumph (anyone remember that
car?) and was fitted to a few MGBs.

FI, unless implemented quite well, may or may not offer power advantages over
carbs. A well set up Weber or two will often get almost the same ultimate
power as FI, although not the same flexibility, nor low down driveability.

As for the engine management, been there, done that, with custom chips and
modded sensors, on my street daily driver/playtime project (300 bhp blown
Fiero), but again, they frown on such modern stuff in vintage.

If you want some details of how such stuff theoretically _could_ be applied
to MGs, contact me off-list.

Bill

(PS - I'll bet you just want to supercharge it so you can avoid dealing with
piston crown design and go with flat tops!)