RE: Twinkie??!!

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: RE: Twinkie??!!
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:12:02 -0700
My apologies for any offence I may have caused.  I have been quite merrily
calling them "twinkies" for the last 24 years.  It will no doubt be a tough
habit to break.  :)

My primary interest in FI and engine management on older cars is to
determine the viability of new technology for improving drivability of
modified engines, and replacement of discontinued components.

As you stated there will always be a place for the tuner of carbs and
distributors in the vintage arena.  Unfortunately there are many vehicles
that are off the road because parts and expertise are not available.  Cars
are being scapped because they cannot meet emmission specifications, and
every day we see poorly engineered drivetrain swaps.

I love SUs, Webers, Lucas etc.  When working correctly and tuned there is no
replacement for the original components.  I am also interested in the
future, when our cars start to become liabilities.  When it becomes
impossible to source the geebs (technical word) that are needed to keep the
engines putting.  I want to be able to drive my LBC daily, and I want others
to have that choice too.  At this time that means keeping carbs, fuel pumps
and distributors in production.  In the future, I would like to keep my
options open.

Ok, I also have a bad back from leaning over tweaking carbitooties.  The
concept of sitting on my butt, typing in fueling parameters is starting to
look good.

Best regards.

Kelvin.

        Nah, I want to supercharge a B just cos it's there.