clutch problems 'N stuff

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutch problems 'N stuff
From: "Erich" <erich@mail.NGBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 20:16:23 -0400
Hello All,
 Took a trip to Atlanta and Athens, Ga. this past weekend in the B. About 1,200
miles round trip. Got some new tires while there, return trip was much more
pleasant as I was running on three fairly worn Firestone FR 480's (175/70/14)
and one spare Taylor (165/?/14) on the way down. The Taylor still had paint on
it from when the Rostyles were painted some years ago. Car runs much smoother
now, with the occasional random vibration.
 I am now having an intermitent problem with my clutch, not unlike what another
lister just described. It makes a light grinding sound while the car is in
neutral and I depress the pedal, and another almost chirping sound when I
release it. Unfortunately, my mailbox was deleted yesterday and I lost all of
the responses. If anyone still has copies of these posts or other suggestions
and can send them to me, they would be greatly appreciated.

 The clutch was replaced about 2 years/10,000miles ago, when my brother had the
car.
 On a side note this was also the time when the engine was painted black. It
had been orange and the mechanic who did the job said that some of the later
cars came out w/o the black. Anyone hear of this? The build date on the chassis
was May of 80.

Erich Bruning
            -80 MGB Brooklands Green
            -69 Norton Commando 's' Yellow (soon to be Firelake Red)