Help - I have angered the Lucas God

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Help - I have angered the Lucas God
From: "Pleczko, Rick" <Rick.Pleczko@MissionCritical.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:07:27 -0500
Backed the MGA out of the garage for a wash, polish and tickle under the
chin.

When I went to put her in the garage she wouldn't start.

- Tunrned over fine so batteries are great.
- The fuel pump is making noise so I am presuming (perhaps incorrectly) that
the ignition switch is OK.
- I have no spark at the plugs

The previous owners seem to have changed/painted black the wiring somewhat
so that trying to diagnose the problem is an excercise in futility as the
colors don't match.

Can anybody give me some pointers or a diacnostic approach that would help
me solve the problem.

Help greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Rick