Early Door Top Rail

To: MG Listserver <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Early Door Top Rail
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 15:48:13 -0700
Does anyone have a picture/can anyone describe to me the proper
covering of an early door top rail (pull handle car, circa1964)?
Mine was redone in a wierd wrinkled gloss black vinyl by the previous
owner, so I don't have an original one to refer to.

My biggest question is how the piping works.  Specifically, on the
recovered one I have, there is a piece of piping between the
plywood-backed foam roll and the larger ash piece.  There is a second
one on the back of the large ash piece, where the window brush goes.
Still with me?  I suspect that it has one piece too many.  All the
pictures in books I've seen don't have enough detail to see this
area, and I could kick myself for not paying attention at the Palo
Alto Day on the Green last month--there was a guy with a beautifully
restored Iris Blue one...
Chris Attias
'64 MGB
'84 Alfa Romeo GTV-6