Re: Treating and cleaning rubber bumper on MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Treating and cleaning rubber bumper on MGB
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 08:09:13 EDT
In a message dated 10/30/1999 2:09:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
MGALUVR@aol.com writes:

<< I have a 78' MGB with the rubber bumpers. The bumpers are in pretty good
 shape considering their age, but could use a little "cosmetic boost". Does
 anyone have a suggestion as to what to use to treat these rubber bumpers? I
 used some Armor All  and it helped some, but I prefer them to be a little
bit
 darker. The Armor All seems to soften and enrich the rubber, but doesn't
make
 it darker. Any suggestions? Would  tire blacking do any damage to the
 bumpers? Please help if you can. Thanks in advance..........Bill in Missouri

Two products that work pretty well are Mothers Back to Black and Meguiars
Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget