Questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Questions
From: stevejp2@juno.com
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 10:24:04 -0600
Hello Listers,

It has been a while since I have posted, but I have a couple of
questions.

I am in the process of taking the engine out of my 79 MGB.  I know there
was some discussion in the past of how to hoist the engine from the car.
Was it to use the studs that hold on the valve cover to attach the
crane??

Also, my catalytic converter was rubbing against the steering column and
made a groove in the metal.  Is this a solid piece of metal or hollow?
If it is solid I don't think there would be a problem with just painting
the area and that is it, but if it is a tube maybe it is something I need
to replace.

My catalytic converter is trashed.  The baffles inside are all but gone.
Will the car pass emissions without the converter?  (I would leave the
hollow converter in place).

I am looking for a hot air duct (Bentley terminology) that attaches to
the manifold and directs hot air to the air cleaner.  It was missing when
I bought the car.  If anyone has one they would like to see please email
me privately with details.

Thanks,

Steve Piepenbrink
79 MGB in bits all over the garage.