Re: Transmission/Differential filler

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission/Differential filler
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 08:13:50 -0500
Dear List:

I had an excellent result from the Redline transmission fluid.  Several
decibels were elminated from my ribcase transmission following a fluid
change with it.  Only problem is that it has a truly foul smell, much worse
that the other transmission fluids.  When some of it spilled out of the top
of the filler hole (indicating fullness), the smell became almost
overpowering.  Almost two months later, I can still smell it, and there is
no easy way to clean inside the transmission tunnel.

But it really seems to quiet the gearbox, and I'm told that it is unreactive
with the brass components.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Charles