Fwd: Need help identifing relay

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Need help identifing relay
From: DMatt21502@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 12:49:43 EST
--part1_0.1128604d.2555c437_boundary

From: DMatt21502@aol.com
Full-name: DMatt21502
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 14:50:16 EST
Subject: Need help identifing relay
To: mgs-owner@autox.team.net

I am putting a new harness in my 1977 MGB. It has been sitting for 4 years
and somewhere along the way the tape identifying the connections was removed.
I have a small rectangular box with five connectors on it. They are numbered
1thru 5. There are no letters on the relay but each connector is numbered 1
thru 5. They are located two on either end and 1 just left of center. The
center pin is number one,  the two to the left are 2 and 3,  and the
remaining pins on the right side are 4 and 5. This relay seems to mount
perfectly on the right hand side inner fender just below where the hood
support connects to the body. Looking at the different relays in the Moss
Motor catalog it is similar to a battery cutoff relay. The car does not have
overdrive so I don't think it could be an overdrive relay. Any sage advice
would be appreciated!  Thanks Dave

--part1_0.1128604d.2555c437_boundary--