Re: Weird electrical happening

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weird electrical happening
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 11:52:03 -0800
I don't know if this is relevant, but in my '66B, the ignition switch is
so loosely constructed, and/or the key is so crudely cut (one simple
notch), that I can easily remove the key without turning off the
ignition. In fact it once fell out on the floor while driving. Sometimes
I have caught myself pulling the key out before I have turned it all the
way to the Off position, leaving the switch in the Accessory position,
only to notice seconds later when the fuel pump gave a kick.

But I imagine the '78 ignition switch is considerably more complex.

Tab Julius had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149