North American MGB Register

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: North American MGB Register
From: drded@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 17:44:50 -0500 (EST)
Just got my Sept/Oct issue of North American MGB Register's MGB Driver and just
got to say that
if you are not a member of this organization you are missing out big time. Kim
Tonry (Editor)
continues to put out the best publication available to us Midget, MGB,
1100/1300 and post
Abington MG owners.

I was happy to be able to attend the North American MGB Register's Annual
General Meeting in St.
Paul Minn. a couple of weeks ago.  The main topic of this event is, what else
can we do to help
our membership more. This organization puts it's member's dues to good use by
providing each
member with membership list / Service Recommendation Guide, footing the bill
for liability
insurance cost for it's 50+ affilated chapter's annual events and printing the
best publication
available.

This list is a nice place to pick a brain or two but if want and/or need the
correct answer to
ANY problem you may be having with your MG nothing will get you the correct
answer quicker than
to pick up the phone and call one of the NAMGBR's Technical Advisor's or one if
it's many
quality Service Facilities that advertise in the pages of MGB Driver. People
like Dave Clark of
Sports Car Services in VT, John Twist of University Motors in MI, Rob Medynski
of MG "T"s in NJ,
Ed Kaler or Mr S.U. Joe Curto just to name a few.

The NAMGBR's Annual Convention is the best time you can have behind the wheel
of your MG. I
heard the reports on the upcoming MG 2000 / Cleveland Rocks, MGs Roll event
coming up June 15th
thru the 18th and none stop / fun filled would just start to discribe what is
being planned. I
hear there are still a few rooms left at the host hotel, Holiday Inn
Indepedence in Cleveland
but not many. My visit to St. Paul also allowed me the honor of accepting the
hospitality of the
Minnesota MG Group. I was picked up at the airport in an MG by Dick Wallrich on
Friday afternoon
and got a bus tour of MG 2001 event's staging area at the Minnesota Fair Grows
on Saturday. MG
2001 will be a join venture with members of the MGT Register, MGA Register, MGC
Register and
North American MGB Register all coming together. Ever see 1250+ MG in one place
at the same
time? If you want to you'll be in St.Paul the first week of July 2001.

I think you're getting the idea. Membership in the North American MGB Register
allows you to be
part of an organization which is greater than the sum of it's cars and their
parts. It's
cooperation, comraderee, friendship and respect that makes this the finest
group of folks in the
Automotive world.

Visit North American MGB Register's website at http://www.namgbr.org/namgbr/ to
find out more