It was just an oil change.....

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: It was just an oil change.....
From: "Tony Woodruff" <tonyw@mailmedia.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 16:55:00 -0800
But now it's so much more....

I gave my 67 MGB Roadster it's first oil change (I've only owned it for 4
weeks) and got it refilled, etc.

Now it won't start.  When I turn the key to engage the starter it just makes
ONE click.  That's all.

I checked to see if I disconnected any wires and there are none hanging.  I
compared the wiring to the schematic in the Haynes manual - fine.  Battery is
putting out 12.79 volts.

I loosened the starter motor thinking that perhaps the thrust-gear had stuck in
the engaged position against the flywheel.  Although I haven't fully removed
the starter it is still doing the same 1-click thing.

Anything you folks can think of will be most appreciated.

TIA

Tony Woodruff
67 MGB