Re: What causes "shutoff shudder"?

To: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Subject: Re: What causes "shutoff shudder"?
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:31:51 -0800
Word on the street is that Hans Duinhoven said:
> I have heard this more, but don't understand.
> At time you switch off the ignition, there are no sparks at the spark plug
> anymore. Still the engine goes on (like a diesel engine).
> Why should the cause of this be found in the incorect timing?

That was my thinking as well.  The only way I can see incorrect timing
causing run-on is if it's making the car run a lot hotter than it
should be (over-retarded, I think). Then its sort of an indirect cause.

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   http://www.mgb.bc.ca/   (_o____o_)