Re: Club Representation-West

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Club Representation-West
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 12:09:04 EST
Being a new member of NAMGBR I may not be qualified to talk about
the club, but I am a member of several other national organizations, so
let me throw out some comments.

What Chris is saying makes sense.  For the club to grow in all areas of
the country, a regional organization would really be needed.  It works for
SCCA, with regional events, as well as divisional and national events.
The problem is that it would require a huge amount of work to get this
reorganization completed.

We have to make a decision as to whether we should continue as we
are, or attempt to organize local divisions.  Perhaps a list of local MG
or Brit Car clubs could be worked into creating divisions that could then
have divisional events promoted within all of those clubs.  The local clubs
already exist and they have their own regional events, so if a group of
clubs can be organized into a division, they could then elect a divisional
board from their current officers or members.  Those new divisional officers
could organize local events (if this is decided by the division members),
promote NAMGBR national events, and represent the division on a national
level.  National board meetings can be accomplished by conference call or
over the Internet in a private chat room.

It's a lot of work, but it could really grow the NAMGBR, and allow the left
coasters to feel better represented.  Isn't there also an NAMGAR and a
club for T's (NAMGTR?) as well?  They should also be included in the
national organization.

Just my 2 cents.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

In a message dated 11/10/99 2:29:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,