Re: seat belt problems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: seat belt problems
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 19:33:37 EST
In a message dated 11/13/1999 9:58:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Swkintx@aol.com writes:

<< my son and i were out for a great ride today in our 79 midget. we stopped
for
 a coke and when we got back in we could not get the seat belts to roll back
 out. they were in the complete rolled up position like they always do when
we
 get out, but i couldn't pull them back out. they would come out 1/2 and then
 engage as if hitting the brakes hard, or going over rough roads. please help
 me with this problem!!!!! thanks in advance >>

Imagine you are living in a snail's world.  In my '77 Midget, you have to
pull the seatbelts out as though you were a snail...vvvveeeerrrrrrryyyyyyy
slowly.  Try pulling them slowly.

Or, buy competition belts and forget about the inertia reels.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport