Re: seat belt problems

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: seat belt problems
From: mup1dm <mup1dm@surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 99 13:45:29 +0000
On Sat, 13 Nov 1999 21:57:09 EST Swkintx@aol.com wrote
>they (seat belts) were in the complete rolled up position like they always
>do when we get out, but i couldn't pull them back out. they would come out
>1/2 and then engage as if hitting the brakes hard, or going over rough
>roads. please help me with this problem!!!!! thanks in advance
>thanks,
Steve;
I find that mine do this when I am parked on an incline. The retractors
on mine have a "This Way UP" mark, and any incline will make them lock
up. I've tweaked the position of mine so that they work in my driveway,
but sometimes they get bumped by large packages and such.

Douglas McKinnie
'72 BGT