Re: Removing broken grease nipple

To: "Rich Hill" <richard.hill@sri.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Removing broken grease nipple
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 19:25:21 -0000
In the past I have used the tang of a small file.  The tapered
square-section of the file, when tapped gently into the hole in the nipple,
squares that off as well and has allowed sufficient force to unscrew the
broken thread.  In practice, it seems that once the head has broken off the
threaded part is just a loose fit in the casting.  Always assuming it wasn't
forced in cross-threaded.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )