Re: Disc brake conversions on '79 Midget?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Disc brake conversions on '79 Midget?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:02:32 -0800
I kind of have to concur with Bill. Given the light weight and modest
tire size of the Midget, rear disc brakes hardly seem like a
cost-effective or even moderately useful modification, except for an
all-out racer with seriously upgraded front brakes. Or did early Midgets
have front drum brakes? If so, I would think it would be relatively easy
and popular to swap in later front hubs and brake components. Anyway, I
guess my ignorance is showing... I dont have any reference books for
Midgets at hand, either...

William M. Gilroy had this to say:

--

Max Heim