Fibre optic source?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fibre optic source?
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 09:52:42
In trying to decipher the wiring choices of my car's PO for radio
installation, I've been looking for a wiring color reference which I just
found on Skye's site (very helpful).  Upon reading the various entries, I
found one for a red wire with white tracer.  The purposes listed for the
red with white tracer has four uses, one of which is:

d) Fuse to fibre optic source

Is this just a terminology difference between UK and US, or is my car wired
for the Internet?  Can anyone elaborate on what "fibre optic source" is
intended to be used with the vehicle?

Thanks

- Tab
'78 B