Electronic Fuel Pump

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Electronic Fuel Pump
From: Stuart Keen <simbafish@home.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 21:22:00 -0500
I would like to transistorize the two low pressure SU Fuel Pumps in my
MGTD MkII. I see Moss now sells the whole pump transistorized, but I am
looking for a conversion kit. My present mechanical pumps are in good
condition and do not need to be replaced, only upgraded.

I have read reports that AutoFlux in the UK sells a conversion kit but I
cannot locate their address on the internet. Does anyone know how to
contact them? Of course I would prefer to find a vendor here in the US.

Some years ago the "Sacred Octagon" had a tech page about
transistorizing the SU Fuel Pump, but this was for a positive ground
system. My electrical system has recently been reversed and I have not
been able to find a PNP transistor with the same characteristics as the
NPN mentioned in the article.

Any suggestions, recommendations or leads would be appreciated.

Stu Keen
simbafish@home.com