Help?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help?
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 14:30:32 -0500
Have several items with which I could use the lists assistance:
1) Trying to find anyone who might be traveling from the Cleveland area
to New England and would be willing to transport a tranny that Jim
Nazarian  has and I want to buy if we can arrange shipping!
2) An older lady here in RI has an old Austin engine that I can't seem
to identify. It is quite old judging from the single downdraft carb,
mechanical fuel pump at the left front of the block that has some sort
of what looks like a hand priming mechanism. It is stamped 1500 at the
left front corner. It is not MGA but what is it? Number is 15-N-H
157143. She wants $100 for it but I need to identify it and really have
no interest in it.
3) My neighbor has an old balance scale that he wants to sell and I want
to buy but he doesn't know how to value it, nor do I. The paper in the
draw identifies it as made by Herman Kohlbush, Sr. It is a diamond
balance #30. I thought it might be useful for balancing engine
components altho it is to small to accomodate rods. Any ideas as to its
value so I can make him an offer?
I will be checking out that Magnette Z A? B? tomorrow for those that
inquired.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski