Re: Help?

To: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>, mgs List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help?
From: "James H. Nazarian" <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 21:55:18 -0500
Frank,

I have one of those engines too!!! I was told many moons ago, that it came
from an Austin delivery truck. They were low compression, torquey motors. It
can be easily converted to an MGA 1500 engine by use of the right intake,
carburetion, and exhaust, and while at it remove the mechanical fuel pump. I
never could find anything out about the stock cam. It looked for all the
world like the cams from any other MGA 1500. Is the block still pea soup
green? Mine was, but I repainted it red before I found out the green was
correct.

A jeweler's balance (scale) was mostly used to weigh gold and gems for trade
or purchase. I am more familiar with precision laboratory balances which
were sometimes built into very ornate and beautifully constructed cabinets
of rare hardwoods. If it is so gorgeous that you would want it centered on
your mantle or your coffee table it is easily worth $200+. If it is a plain
Jane model, maybe $50-100, mostly depending on how badly you want it

I was informed this evening that a deposit is on the way to me for the
transmission. I believe that proper protocol dictates that it go to the
first one to put down the $$$; that would be him. I hope you agree that is
what I should do. But if it fails to show up within the week, I will so
inform you. My apologies.

Jim