Carb sync - an FYI

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb sync - an FYI
From: Trefor Delve <tdelve@mathworks.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:46:01 -0500
So a good thread was run a while ago regarding 'what do you use' as
opposed to 'how do you do it'.  Some good stuff came out of the
discussion as to the pros and cons of different methods and problems
with some of the equipment that's out there (or at least was out there).

Towards the end of that thread I ordered a synchroniser from J.C
Whitney.  It's a damped needle gauge which claims not to inhibit
airflow.  Now being originally from the UK the name J.C. Whitney meant
nothing to me, but that's apparently not true here in the US.

So, the long and the short of it is that I got out this weekend and
sync'ed up the carbs, and the synchroniser tool was excellent.  Doesn't
affect tickover and readings are repeatable.

So, that's the FYI for the next person that needs it.

Cheers,

Trefor

P.s.  Usual disclaimer: no financial interest etc. etc.