block weight and clutch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: block weight and clutch
From: "Dereck C" <derex39@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 19:55:49 GMT
I finally got around to taking the block of my 70 B into the machine shop.
I am hoping to put it back together in the basement over the winter, the
only sheltered place that the wife won't be upset with me if I grease it up.
  Two questions for the experienced:

What does an assembled block weigh?  (I was thinking of making one of those
handy dandy engine carriers on Mr. Gaylord's site to carry it up the
basement's skinny stairs)

Anyone have a recommendation on a new clutch?  (The engine is being balanced
and I am going to put in a new clutch while it is apart.)

Dereck
70' MGB