Re: Front Wing Joint Putty?

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Wing Joint Putty?
From: Paul Hammarstedt <hellbent@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 18:51:46 -0600
On my wings, that beading is welded to the wings.  The wing attaches
with some shims to the scuttle (I mistakenly called it the facia
before).  The beading is above these
shims/spacers. The caulk was below the beading and sealed the gap
between the wing and facia.  But there is an "S curve" in that seam and
it the sheetmetal doesnt meet where the shims are located.  I'm having
trouble describing it clearly.  The more I try the worse it gets.
Sorry.  I will stop now.

If you have Lindsay Porter's "Guide to Purchase and DIY Restoration
MGB", page 79 picture HS16 shows a hand putting a washer into this gap.

I was privately emailed that seam-sealer is used in there.

Paul Hammarstedt