Tire Mounting - Bead?

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire Mounting - Bead?
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 21:37:03 -0800
Here's a presumably easy question.

I'm moving some radials from my old, tatty wire wheels to my shiny, new
mags.  I have the rubber on the mags, but I can't get the buggers to
inflate because the bead isn't set.  I tried squirting dishwashing
liquid around both sides in the hope that it would help get the bead
started but all it does it make nice bubbles.  This wasn't an issue with the
wires because they had tubes..

I can't imagine I need to take the tire off the rim and put it back
on right onto the bead... do you need some sort of high powered air
source to get it started or something??  What's the secret.

Thanks
Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   http://www.mgb.bc.ca/   (_o____o_)