Re: Stax front and rear shock conversion

To: Enrique Claure <spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Subject: Re: Stax front and rear shock conversion
From: "James H. Nazarian" <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 16:53:25 -0500
Enrique,

I did the conversion on my 74 MGB-GT about 10 years ago. I changed to new
springs front and rear at the same time. The ride was very stiff, very, very
stiff. It handled with great precision and control, but if you had any loose
dental fillings they would fall out after a ride on a rough road. In the last 3
years the suspension has loosened up some, and the ride has become much more
pleasant. Compared to the ride in my son James' 1971 MGB Roadster, mine is
still very stiff. I've gotten used to it, but I wish it were not so damn stiff.
(Yes, of course I adjusted the shock mounts for soft ride... if anyone ever
adjusted it for the competition setting, the glass would fall out of the car!).
The handling is nice though.

Jim