Re: Another Hard Top Question

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Another Hard Top Question
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 14:41:14 -0800
I doubt if you can find "factory" parts. But, the manufacturer probably
used standard channels, seals, latches, etc., some of which are likely to
still be available, if you only knew where to look. If it were my top, I
would just try to figure out what the profile of the channel must look
like (given its context and function), and see what I could find at the
hardware store, industrial metal supplier, or wherever, that could be
adapted to the purpose.

On another tack, I don't know where you are located, but I just saw a
hardtop for sale that resembled your description, and seemed to be
more-or-less complete. If it is still at the shop where I saw it, perhaps
you could use it as a reference for your missing pieces (they could mail
you a photo or something). It was at O'Connor Classics in Santa Clara,
CA, 408-727-0430.

Jordon had this to say:

--

Max Heim