Problem with my MG...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Problem with my MG...
From: Robert Haigney <Robert.Haigney@anixter.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 13:37:06 -0800
I'm a new MG owner, I purchased a 69 MGB-GT,  I'm having a problem and was
wondering if anyone knew what it might be, there's a knocking noise, it started
just recently, I haven't driven the car since it started, the noise seems to be
coming from the behind the engine and in front of the gear box, their is no
problem changing gear and the car turns over fine, if you rev. the engine the
knocking noise starts, and it's there when the car reaches a higher rev count
in any gear (you can't go over 35 mph), you can't hear the noise when the car
is idling, I had a mechanic look at it (not an MG man), he seems to think its
the rod's in the engine, but I'm not sure, the sound doesn't seem to be coming
from the engine, anybody have any ideas....?

Thanks, Robert.